Are you looking for an exciting job in dynamic markets?
We offer sales, support, and operations positions at international airports, malls, theme parks, ski resorts, and entertainment facilities. Since 1967, Smarte Carte has helped millions of people maximize their travel, shopping and entertainment experiences. At Smarte Carte, we’re committed to providing high quality service and support to our clients and their guests.
Current Job Openings
Maintenance Technician - San Francisco International Airport
Location: San Francisco International Airport, CA
Base Pay: $16-20/hour DOE
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Vending- Luggage Carts
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Maintain, repair, and inspect vending units, luggage carts and battery powered cart moving equipment.
Education: A minimum of 2 years training from a certified mechanical trade school
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
- The inspection of all equipment, including; carts, CMU’s, and all cart moving devises is essential for a safe and efficient operation. Learn, practice, and enforce safe work habits thus assuring safety to self, co-workers, airport property, passengers and visitors.
- Perform maintenance repairs as needed on all equipment.
- Maintain database to track work performed
- Establish, organize and replenish through regular inventory a parts supply warehouse.
- Weekly cycle count on parts inventory.
- Preventative maintenance to be completed on the following equipment but not limited to: CMUs, mechanical plates, Cushman’s, Quick carts, tuggers, smarte pedes, carts and cart track.
- Maintenance and regular testing of phone lines and BNAC lines and wireless pre-authorization system.
- R&M completion on all repairs of CMUs.
- Clean carts, CMU’s and cart moving equipment as needed.
- ANY ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE MAINTENANCE MANAGER.
- S.I.D.A. clearance and identification, Quick cart certification, cash handling procedures, Direct Connect training, Roping procedures, Tugger certification, Cushman certification and pick-up certification.
Assistant General Manager
Positions Available At:
San Francisco International Airport – San Francisco, CA
- Houston George Bush International Airport – Houston, TX
Washington Dulles International Airport – Sterling, VA
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – Atlanta, GA
McCarran InternationAL Airport – Las Vegas, NV
- Supervise customer service associates; interview, check references and hire; coordinate work assignments and schedules; monitor work and safety practice; maintain good working relationships to assure high team morale; train/retrain employees; discipline and suspend.
- Perform emergency maintenance, battery changing, etc.
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with all safety rules.
- Assume overall operation of assigned shift, i.e., supervision, balancing and collecting carts, quartering, etc.
- Assist with collections, counting/recording money, documenting meter readings.
- Maintain good communication/cooperation with employees and facility mgmt.
- Operate company vehicles.
- Perform the function of the General Manager in his/her absence.
- Four-year degree required.
- Minimum of three years direct supervision.
- Mechanical/electrical experience preferred.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to waist height, apply a force of approximately 75-100 lbs. to move up to 15 carts simultaneously and to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass necessary background/reference checks and government badging requirements.
- Cash control experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to run location in absence of manager (Jr. GM) and manage future location.
- Ability to use Windows based software and a personal computer.
- Proven success in managing and developing teams.
- Experience with P&L’s – forecast, budgeting and analysis
Assistant Terminal Manager
Positions Available At:
Los ANGELeS International Airport – los angeles, ca
san francisco international airport – san francisco, ca
jfk international airport – new york, NY
- Management and Administration: Manage staff in accordance with all company policies and procedures. Direct and oversee staff according to the work demands of the airport and business. Assist in the planning and completion of employee scheduling, training/retraining and development of new staff, and recommendation of employee discipline. Completion of required paperwork, i.e. round sheets, meter readings, maintenance reports, and approval of PTB (personal time bank) forms.
- Professionalism/Customer Service: Work in a professional manner and use courtesy when dealing with all airport customers, clients and staff. Maintain superior communication and cooperation with hourly employees, other managers, and facility management. Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service to ensure customer satisfaction. Perform job in an honest, reliable and professional manner.
- Cash Handling: Manage the change fund of $3,000 to $6,000 for Ambassadors. Complete random audits of Ambassador Pouches to ensue a consistent balance of $500. Accountable for the entire bank until it is secured and tuned over to the next shift.
- Equipment : Inspection of all Smarte Carte equipment including carts, CMUs, Cushmans (electric and gas), Titans, Tuggers, and Quick Carts to ensure they are safe and efficient for operation. Assist in cart collection and cleaning of equipment. Operate company vehicles.
- PERFORM ANY ADDITIONAL DUTIES ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma required; Associate degree preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to waist height, apply a force of approximately 75-100 lbs. to move up to 15 carts simultaneously and to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pass necessary background/reference checks and Port Authority identification requirements
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Cash control experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY:
- Quality of interactions with others
- Dependability, resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and ability to supervise, train, schedule, report cash, etc.
Positions Available At:
louis armstrong New Orleans international airport – new orleans, la
The General Manager is typically based at larger airports, amusement parks and retail establishments. The location must operate year round in order to have a general manager. Seasonal locations typically have a location manager. The General Manager reports to an Area Manager. The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of running the location including staffing, profitability/financial management, contract retention, equipment management and relationship management. The General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the business at that location.
- Manage location in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and Smarte Carte and facility policies, procedures and standards.
- Working knowledge of equipment and ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure clean and functional equipment is available to customers at all times.
- Perform collections accurately, bank and report financial transactions as directed by the Area Manager.
- Submit reports in an accurate and timely manner. Provide additional reports as required by the Area Manager.
- Manage to ensure that 1) all candidates, facility, customers and visitors and employees are treated with respect and dignity; 2) the location is free from discrimination and harassment; and 3) team morale and productivity are high.
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified employees.
- Track performance, provide appropriate feedback, train, coach, administer performance reviews, discipline and terminate when necessary.
- Ensure that all employees understand work rules as well as expectations of the facility and Smarte Carte.
- Consult appropriate home office departments on compensation, personnel issues, collection report analysis, equipment, and maintaining airport contacts.
- Maintain regular contact with Area Manager.
- Maintain and improve the gross margin, efficiency and the operational integrity of the location.
- Improve revenue of location consistent with traffic changes and corporate performance levels.
- Ensure a safe working environment by training and monitoring performance to ensure that safety rules are followed.
- Interact with effective communication with operations and other vendor personnel on issues that affect Smarte Carte business, such as CMU and locker equipment, location and placement.
- Interact with facility management to establish and maintain good rapport and excellent working relationships.
- Know location contract language, where applicable.
- Analyze and report equipment reliability, revenue, gross margin, shortages, percent of sales to traffic count, turnover, contracts.
- Maintain reports related to service, attendance, payroll, schedules, equipment, and financials; submit associated reports in an accurate and timely manner. Provide additional reports as required by the Area Manager.
- Communicate and enforce Smarte Carte, Inc. and facility standards, policies, procedures and goals to all employees.
- Ability to pass necessary reference and background checks/credit checks and badging requirements.
- Four-year degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to understand vending equipment and make necessary repairs and adjustments.
- Five years experience managing people, business, and financials.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong understanding of applicable State and Federal laws related to personnel management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain records, write reports, and effectively operate a computer utilizing the Windows operating system.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. from the floor to waist height
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity to assist with mechanical and electrical repairs.
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY:
- Meeting or exceeding company standards in the areas of profitability, gross margin, location wage percentage, labor utilization, equipment utilization and revenue growth.
- Meeting or exceeding facility/client goals
- Performance of equipment.
- Performance of all employees.
- Frequency and severity of accidents or reported safety violations.
- Number and type of employee complaints.
- Accuracy and timeliness of collections, deposits, inventory, field data, reports.
- Accuracy and timeliness of submitting new hire paperwork, written warnings, termination paperwork and payroll.
- Clarity and professionalism of communications with employees and customers.
- Frequency and severity of customer complaints.
- Successful implementation of new initiatives.
- Accurate and timely reporting of liability claims.
General Labor – St. Paul, MN
- Perform shipping and receiving duties
- Support the shipment of good produced and received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid the production/storage of goods destined for sale too our customer base.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
Find us on LinkedIn and Indeed